The project has well established objectives which will have the following expected results:
- PAYT waste tariffs established at the demonstration sites and fostering the environmental and economic sistainability of municipalities in Portugal, Greece na Cyprus.
- A framework of guidelines and specifications and plataforms for implementation PAYT targeting local authorities are available for use by the local authorities and interested network partners.
- Participating municipalities are ready to fully apply PAYT in their territory.
- The project results are transferred to similar municipalities, to foster replication and the transition to PAYT in the South of Europe.
- Residual waste from the demonstration site decreases: minus 20% to 40% for households and minus 40 to 60% for commerce and services.
- Separate collection of packaging waste (glass, paper, plastic and metal) increases at the demonstration sites.
- Waste collection is modernised and optimised at the demonstration sites
- The environmental, social and economic impacts of the transtion to PAYT is known at participating municipalities
- Landfilled organic waste decreases.
- Awareness of decision makers and the public on waste topics increases.
Expected Results by LIFE PAYT is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.