The project has 5 areas of implementation, located in 3 South European Countries:
- Lisbon, Portugal (pop. 552 700)
- Aveiro, Portugal (pop. 62 000)
- Condeixa-a-Nova, Portugal (pop. 17 000)
- Vrilissia, Zona de Grande Atenas, Grécia (pop. 30 000)
- Larnaca, Chipre (pop. 51 000)
Each municipality has authority over the waste management policies in its territory, but due to the past history, size and economic activities, the current waste management background is different. The project specifically addresses these differences in order to demonstrate that PAYT systems can be implemented successfully under different local conditions
Demonstration sites by LIFE PAYT is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.